(Sr.) Manager, Cell-based Assay Development
About Matinas BioPharma
Matinas BioPharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing next generation therapeutics to advance standards of care for patients in areas of significant unmet medical need. Company leadership has a deep history and knowledge of drug development and is supported by a world-class team of scientific advisors.
In particular, Matinas is developing a portfolio of products based upon its proprietary lipid nanocrystal (LNC) drug delivery platform, which can solve complex challenges relating to the safe and effective delivery of potent medicines, making them orally bioavailable, less toxic and targeted to cells and tissues.
About the position:
The main responsibility for this role is to independently establish a cell culture lab, maintain a cell bank, develop and perform cell-based assays to provide critical feedback to guide LNC drug product development and formulation optimization. Based upon the versatility of our LNC technology platform, a wide range of drug substances will be investigated: small molecules, proteins/peptides, monoclonal antibodies, mRNA, DNA, oligonucleotides, etc. Quantification, stability evaluation, intracellular trafficking, and in vitro potency of such modalities will be the essential element of the role. The relevant assays may include intracellular uptaking assessments, gene expression, gene knock-down, RNA stability, cytotoxicity, and/or in vitro biological potency. This position will report to the CTO but operate with considerable autonomy under minimal supervision; therefore, the incumbent is expected to be a self-starter with at least 3-5 years bioanalytical and assay development experience with a proven track record.
- Establish a cell culture lab: acquire necessary instruments and materials to establish a cell culture lab and maintain a cell bank
- Develop and optimize cell-based assays to evaluate lipid nanocrystal formulations, and provide critical feedback to formulation team
- Interact with external partners for tech transfer, evaluation, and optimization of their assays
- Write and review assay protocols and prepare reports of experimental findings
- Report and document results in a timely fashion
- Participate in the tech transfer of formulations developed to the GMP manufacturing and analytical labs, as appropriate
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, pharmaceutical science, or MS with an outstanding track record
- 3-5 years of cell-based assay development and validation experiences in biopharmaceutical industry
- 3-5 years of experience in establishing and operating a cell culture lab, and maintaining a cell bank
- Assay development expertise with mRNA, SiRNA, DNA, oligonucleotides, proteins, etc.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices and regulatory guidance for a variety of biological assay development, qualification/ validation
- Extensive hands-on experience with the design, development, optimization, qualification and validation technologies (e.g., ELISA, MSD, flow cytometry and cell based-proliferation, fluorescence, antibody characterizations, reporter and cytotoxicity assays)
- Proficiency in common software and data analysis packages (e.g., SoftMax Pro, GraphPad Prism, JMP, Microsoft Office tools).
Standing to perform bench tests, bending, lifting up to 40 lbs, and ability to wear all required safety equipment such as safety glasses, mask, gloves, lab coat as work and environment require.
To apply please email your resume to Careers@MatinasBioPharma.com
Back to Careers