(Sr.) Manager, Lipid Nanocrystal Formulation
About Matinas BioPharma
Matinas BioPharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing next generation therapeutics to advance standards of care for patients in areas of significant unmet medical need. Company leadership has a deep history and knowledge of drug development and is supported by a world-class team of scientific advisors.
In particular, Matinas is developing a portfolio of products based upon its proprietary lipid nanocrystal (LNC) drug delivery platform, which can solve complex challenges relating to the safe and effective delivery of potent medicines, making them orally bioavailable, less toxic and targeted to cells and tissues.
About the position:
This is a hands-on lab position focusing on formulation, characterization, and process development of our proprietary LNC drug delivery system, which has proven applications to a variety of therapeutic areas and drug classes including infectious diseases, vaccines, mRNA, DNA, and/or oligonucleotide-based gene therapy, peptides/proteins, biologics, and small molecules. Formulation, process development, and optimization of these treatment modalities will be an essential element of the role. This position will report to CTO of the company.
- Develop and optimize LNC delivery systems with formulation composition, excipients, process conditions
- Understand the intricacy of LNC system, and propose new ideas/strategies to address deficiencies and optimize opportunities through innovative thinking
- Characterize fundamental nanoparticulated properties: particle size, encochleation efficiency, stability, drug release, etc.
- Drive internal and external projects to successful completion with high quality and precision in a timely fashion
- Support ongoing process optimization and scale-up for existing clinical programs and new projects
- Provide technical expertise to support tech transfer from Research to Development manufacturing and GMP analytical lab
- Writing/reviewing formulation and analytical protocols and reports
- Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science, or MS with an outstanding track record
- 3-5 years of pharmaceutical formulation development experiences with a successful track record in formulation development and problem-solving
- In-depth understanding and experience in lipid nanoparticle formulation, phospholipids, mRNA, SiRNA, proteins, etc.
- Proficient in analytical techniques and nanoparticle characterizations: particle size, HPLC, DSC, RiboGreen assay, etc.
- Experience in assay development, particularly cell-based assay, is a major plus
- Experience in lyophilization, spray-drying, and fill-finish is a plus
Standing to perform bench tests, bending, lifting up to 40 lbs, and ability to wear all required safety equipment such as safety glasses, mask, gloves, lab coat as work and environment require.
To apply please email your resume to Careers@MatinasBioPharma.com
Back to Careers